Thursday, June 11, 2009

Spinning a New Yarn

Dear Friends,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your frequent visits.
Your loyalty as readers has encouraged me to continue and improve my skills as a hobby writer.
I am pleased to announce that I am setting off on a new adventure to explore another passion of mine; knitting.
I hope you will join me as I navigate the complex yet fundamental language known to knitters as "directions." As a novice knitter, I have decided to chart my progress online, while sharing my revelations on life, love, and the pursuit of perfect gauge.

Waxing nostalgic about this, my first blog, I took some time to peruse the archives. After reading every one of my former posts, I can say with confidence that this has been a great learning experience for me. Though the topic was usually food, the sub-topics were really the meat and potatoes of my writing. You have allowed me to share with you my view of life as it appears from my home and kitchen. Some posts offered deeper perspective and a bit less humor, while others allowed me the freedom to just be silly. All however, were written with honesty and respect for the subject matter and you, the reader. My two personal favorites are Don't Count Your Dickens Before They Hatch, and Fignificance. Both were inspired by true experiences and were essentially my heartfelt reactions to the behavior of others. They continue to strike an emotional chord with me, even today.
Isn't that the beauty of being able to write about how we feel?
Whatever may or may not be gleaned from my prose is subjective, but I encourage you to take advantage of the recipes and cookbook reviews nestled within the archive pages. Both stand on their own merits and are worth a gander.
Whether you return often, or visit only once--I thank you.

The status of Hey, Jeet Yet? will remain active, but I will be challenged to find time to pen entries for both sites, so I beg your patience and understanding.
Rest assured, my love of all things FOOD, remains unwavering. My experiences in the kitchen will continue to provide fodder for future posts.
In the interest of time management however, I must give my full attention and effort to the technical challenges that often plague inexperienced knitters (like how to knit while holding a cupcake).

My new site (currently under construction) can be found at
http://showmeyourknits.wordpress.com/ and
www.showmeyourknits.com.
I expect to have the site running soon and I hope you'll visit often.
You may also read me at
www.mytruth-ingest.blogspot.com

(this blog is a bit more carefree and allows for unlimited rants on any given topic).
Feel free to leave a comment below the posts and let me know you stopped by.


So, join me, as I spin a new yarn and contemplate life to the rhythmic clacking of needles, won't you?
It just wouldn't be the same without you.


Until next time,

Make Life Delicious
Share Your Food

--Michelle

And again, thank you--from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: